Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Last night in Vienna

Well, it had to happen! I got lost again :) A simple walk in the park along the river after the conference finished got me far from the metro and I had to walk through some apartment/ industrial district until this cute little tram came by which took me into the city. Too bad my unlimited weekly pass expires today or I'd ride it all over to see the different neighborhoods :) The line ended at stephenstrasse which is along the river and has ice cream even better than Italy! Good thing I'm leaving, the Garam Marsala Chocolate is addictive :P





There are lots of great buildings, fountains and museums around the city.. too many to put pictures here..







The famous landmark is St. Stephens Church which I used to find my way back to the city center ;)



But it has a dark side in the basement.. a crypt of 11,000 bodies from the black plague

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home