Sunday, July 24, 2011

Off to Venice :)



The last few days have been busy! I drove up from Tuscany to Florence where I went to the museums that I missed the first time I was there and explored new places! I even went to a science museum.. which was empty :( Here's me next to a Wooly mammoth leg found in Tuscany.. good thing there are not there anymore :(







I climbed the tower by the duomo to get a better view of the city and went back to the plaza di michaelangelo to watch the sunset :) I had the best veggie meal ever at il vegitanereo and more gelato :P It was hard to leave the city, but the adventure must continue! I drove up through some forests that looked like Switzerland, and even had ski lifts!





I then made it to Milan to explore the city and see Jack Johnson in concert.. and get a little bit of aloha spirit in my trip :) I first went to the wrong castle (who knew there were so many!) and then some helpful Italians told me where the right one was.. getting there was a little like the amazing race tv show! Fortunately, it gets dark late here so I was able to find it and make it before the show started :) The Italians here are so nice and helpful.. you would never know by the way they drive! It's like a Indy 500 just going down the street! At least Venice will have no cars and I can just get shoved around on a water taxi ;)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home